Ingersoll Rand TRANE - HVAC Field Technician - Union - Wilmington, MA in WILMINGTON, Massachusetts
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for HVAC Field Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone
This role is the primary service and maintenance contact for Ingersoll Rand/Trane customers in a defined market with a diverse commercial base including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions, and Office Complexes. You will be commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC systems in a commercial environment. In order to perform your task you will utilize your knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. This position affords you the opportunity to work with internal and external partners ranging from new facility set ups to existing facility retro fits. Ingersoll Rand/Trane affords you the opportunity to work directly for a leading manufacture giving you access to technical support, training on newest technology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity for growth. In this position you will establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by customers. Communicating with customers and/or Project Managers regarding inspection/service findings is required.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience as a Journeyman.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in previous 5 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
- This position requires you be a member of Local 537.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: WILMINGTON-Massachusetts
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 23, 2017, 9:33:41 AM