Expert Staffing Quality Control / Inspector in Whitinsville, Massachusetts
Regular Hours 6am to 4:30pm, additional OT may be required
• Working at the end of the oven, the QC personnel look over the glass with attention to detail and flag any scratches, seeds, and other defects.
• Passing grade glass is then moved, by hand, to tables where it is wrapped in a protective plastic sheet and plastic corner guards are installed or variously combined with adhesive cork protectors and foam panels.
• Lifting of finished glass is a regular part of the workday and careful placement onto carts and racks is a frequent activity. Some runs involve larger panels which would rate as heavy manual lifting.
• Must have sufficient dexterity and grasping ability to securely hold glass panels up to 1/2 inch in thickness or as little as 1/8 inch and manipulate it during transport to a rack or crate without damaging the panel.
• Light paperwork to match glass produced to work orders and ensure conforming fulfillment, computer documents are generated in English. Some light handwriting needed to record QC inspection data.
• Generally, protective steel toe work boots, a cut-resistant fabric jersey, hearing protection, and safety glasses are worn throughout the work day. Certain production may require added protective equipment.
• Routine use of glass cleaning products for final presentation.
• Most of the work day is spent standing at a roller table or at the oven rollers when first receiving the glass to inspect.
• Look over the glass with attention to detail and flag any scratches, seeds, and other defects.
• Move finished glass by hand to tables to wrap in a protective plastic sheet, install corner guards
• Place finished glass on cart and prepare for shipment
• Can lift to 75 lbs. on a consistent basis
• Minimum of 6 months of machine operator experience in a manufacturing setting
• Can use various measuring tools such as calipers, rulers, micrometers etc.
• Willingness to move into other areas as needed / Ability to cross train in other areas as needed.
• PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
• PASS A DRUG SCREEN
• Can work overtime as needed
• Finish paperwork to ensure proper delivery and order completion
Headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts, we handle national talent placements across the U.S. with offices on the East and West coast. Our key relationships with top employers in a variety of industries means we can find you an opportunity that matches your skills and career goals. From entry level to high-level executive placement, we can help you find the career of your dreams.