U.S. Army Reserve Command Staff Operations and Training Specialist in Westover Air Reserve Base, Massachusetts
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at:412 Engineer Command, HHC, 382 MP BN, 302 CSB (ME), Westover Air Reserve Base, MA.
Description of the Working Environment: Work is performed in an office setting.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
* The duties of this position include:*
Serve as technical advisor on training Review training directives and materials Analyze specific training needs of the command through observation, inspection and review of training status Review mobilization plans Record training data in various systems Prepare and manage Training budget Performs administrative duties
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 10%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Army Employees, ICTAP, and Military Spouse
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: administering or assisting with a training program, such as reviewing, maintaining and updating training schedules, training records and processing training applications; assisting with developing, reviewing or implementing training/organizational directives; analyze training/organizational programs.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Education Substitution:Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
1) Qualifying based on education alone: Education may be substituted for specialized experience with a Master's (or equivalent graduate degree), 2 full years (36 semester hours) of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.B or J.D (if related).
2) Qualifying based on a combination of education and specialized experience: A combination of education and specialized experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 1 year (18 semester hours) by 18. Add the 2 percentages. Note: For the purpose of qualifications, 1 full year of graduate education is equivalent to 18 semester hours.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas: Knowledge of Training Programs Ability to Evaluate Training Requirements Ability to Coordinate Training Activities Ability to Communicate Orally
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the GS-07 grade (or equivalent).
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at
http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
If using education to substitute for experience, such education must be related to the position and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 32 Position.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
This position is obligated.
This position may be made permanent without further competition.
This position may be filled as a Temporary Promotion, Temporary Reassignment, or Temporary Change to Lower Grade not to exceed 12 months and can be extended up to 5 years.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474515900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-15 to 2017-07-28
Salary: $55,175 to $71,731 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 09
Series: 0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Appointment type: Temporary NTE 12 Months
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: NCDE171562941986891
Control number: 474515900