Wellesley College Pipefitter or Sprinkler Fitter (Mechanic A) in Wellesley, Massachusetts
|Job Title||Pipefitter or Sprinkler Fitter (Mechanic A)|
|Department||Facilities, Technical Group|
|Status of Position|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 3:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
|Hours per Week|
|Days Off||Monday, Sunday|
|Hourly Rate||Journeyman- $34.27/hr, Master- $35.88/hr Plus 4% Night differential|
|Weekly Rate||Journeyman-$1370.80/wk Master-$1435.20/wk Plus 4% Night differential|
Incremental hourly increases will be granted - if required by management - at a rate of $.95 per hour, per certification by the College for: journeyman sprinkler fitter's license; oil burner technician license; refrigeration license, certified welder.
The Pipefitter will repair and maintain campus piping and piping systems, fixtures and equipment for steam, hydronic heating and cooling systems in accordance with ASME B31.1 Power Piping Code. The Pipefitter must be able to work independently with limited supervision providing corrective and preventative maintenance. Must be able to perform all work associated with a licensed Pipe Fitter.
• Repairs and maintains college heating and cooling systems by trouble shooting, cleaning and maintenance of air handlers, changing filters, traps, valves, threading and cutting pipe, repairs to fire suppression sprinkler systems, pumps, selected kitchen equipment, etc.
• May need to respond to emergency call-in situations after hours and on weekend.
• Inputs data into the computerized work order system, recording time and work order information.
• Participates in training to keep and acquire knowledge, skills, and abilities to remain current with standard operational practices and revised standards.
• Follows proper clean-up and recycling procedures including properly disposing of hazardous waste, leaving the work area clean and vacuumed as well as observes all safety rules and regulations (including OSHA regulations) while handling and or caring for college tools and equipment, to avoid injury to self and others.
• May be required to assist other trades as directed.
May be asked to work overtime and be on-call. Must have High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and (5) years licensed Pipefitter experience. Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and electrical diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak English . Understand and follow oral and written instructions. Communicate clearly and concisely and be able to relay instructions and directions to others. A valid driver's license is a condition of initial and continued employment. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Operate assigned equipment and vehicle.
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Additional Application Instructions|
|EEO/Affirmative Action Statement|| |
Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Hispanic Today Website
- Veterans Enterprise Website
- Women in Business Website
- Job Opportunities for Disabled American Veterans Website
- disABLED Person Website
- Women for Hire Website
- Hire Our Heroes Website
- US Military Pipeline
- Employ Diversity Website
- Black Perspective Website
- * Are you an Alumna?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application