Gulf Oil Health and Safety Coordinator - Gulf Oil in Wellesley, Massachusetts
Position: Health and Safety Coordinator
Department: Environmental Safety and Occupational Health (ESOH)
Location: Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
The Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of relevant ESOH policies and programs to support operations throughout our US network of bulk petroleum storage terminals. This includes providing ESOH support relating to day to day operations, capital projects, and growth initiatives.
- Provide health and safety oversight and support on terminal-related capital projects.
- Participate in the review and approval of contractor-supplied Job Safety Analyses (JSAs) and site-specific safety plans, attend project kick-off meetings, and conduct periodic jobsite audits.
- Review and comment on Management of Change (MOC) requests and ensure a pre-startup safety review (PSSR) is completed for new and/or modified processes.
ESOH Regulatory Compliance:
- Conduct periodic jobsite audits to assess ESOH compliance and develop corrective plans to address any noted deficiencies.
- Provide support during internal and external ESOH-related regulatory audits.
- Assist in the roll-out, and periodic review of ESOH-related written programs, policies, and standards.
- Respond to, investigate and report on ESOH-related compliance violations and/or fines.
Occupational Health and Safety:
- Develop and implement safety programs and initiatives to promote a safe work environment.
- Prepare and deliver applicable ESOH training to terminal personnel.
- Review and vet third-party ESOH training course agendas and content.
- Actively participate in Health and Safety Committee Meetings at each terminal.
- Promote hazard recognition and mitigation programs to reduce the risks associated with workplace-related incidents.
- Ensure terminal personnel and contractors are complying with the requirements outlined in internal ESOH standards where we have contractual or other obligation to do so.
- Lead terminal-related internal incident investigations and ensure follow-up reporting on, and communication of, causal factors and key lessons learned.
- Maintain detailed log of injury and illness data and liaise on workers
- Emergency Planning and Response: Participate in the development, implementation, and assessment of oil spill response and facility security related exercises.
- Attend to any emergencies or critical matters in a timely fashion to provide ESOH-related representation and support.
- Work closely with terminal management and external consultants to review, revise, and resubmit written emergency plans to the appropriate regulatory agencies.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 4 years of ESOH-related experience, preferably in the petroleum industry or similar operating environment. 5-8 years experience desired.
· Safety Professional designation is an asset.
· Incident Command System (ICS) experience is an asset.
· Process Safety experience is an asset.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate differing personalities.
· Strong team player.
· Leadership qualities for interaction with managers and outside vendors at multiple levels.
· Adaptable to change.
· Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office Suite
· Strategic thinker, Decision maker and Problem solver.
· Ability and willingness to work flexible schedule based on Operational needs.
· Willingness to travel up to 30%
· Requires ability to lift up to 35lbs, climb steps, stairs, and ladders up to 50 feet above ground level, to work on or near the water wearing a personal flotation device (PFD), and to wear other personal protective equipment (PPE), as necessary
Gulf Oil is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Gulf Oil does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Company will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources.
Gulf owns and operates 17 terminals and has additional sourcing from over 100 supply points. While Gulf primarily deals in petroleum based products, our goal is to strengthen the power of the Gulf brand by backing our network of customers with an expansive supply network.
Gulf and our new leadership team are focused on leveraging our assets to become the premier fuel logistics platform, delivering captured efficiencies to our customers and growing with our affiliates so that we can continue expanding the iconic Gulf brand.
Our priority is to provide exceptional products and services to consumers, and our employees are essential to our continued success. We are focused on hiring the best and brightest talent. Come join us!