Peopleclick Sr. Software Engineer - LMS in Waltham, Massachusetts
Sr. Software Engineer - LMS
- Job ID:
- Position Type:
- Travel Required:
Email a Friend
Apply with LinkedIn
A Senior Software Engineer performs product design and development, bug verification, release testing and support including research and analysis with broad application of technology platform principles, software architecture theories, and quality testing concepts in a software as a service (Saas) engineering environment. The Senior Software Engineer contributes to the development of new software engineering theories & design methods and employs expertise in talent management domain expertise and software engineering technical specialty.
A Senior Software Engineer is responsible for leading the delivery of software application functionality, assisting in architecture concepts and developing detailed designs of significant portions of the software application, including software platform, detailed designs and code implementation of features and supporting process improvement initiatives.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with latitude and autonomy, without considerable direction, and be directly responsible for the design and implementation of one or more product or sub-product within our talent management applications. This includes, through the frequent use of creativity in developing resolutions to complex software engineering and technology problems, providing guidance within the defined Agile Scrum development methodology and software design practices. The Senior Software Engineer leads development projects of the Company’s core software solutions and erroneous decisions or recommendations result in the inability to deliver software product releases including long-ranging effect, requiring substantial expenditure and substantial resources to re-code, correct and/or achieve software engineering goals. Interacts with management and senior software engineering and architecture staff on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
Additional Job Responsibilities
• Technical contributor on significant development projects providing critical development expertise (specifications, design, creation, maintenance and quality) and innovation in setting project direction, including base architecture standards, technology platform, analysis, design, task breakdown and input to senior level management on scheduling and resource allocation
• Provide expertise and innovation in setting project direction, owning the accountability of the quality and timeliness of the software application project delivery
• Collect and aggregate task estimates, efforts, and resource requirements for assigned components and work with engineering management in setting appropriate schedule, task, and quality guidelines for the project
• Promotes excellence in product design and implementation with regards to efficiency and scalability
• Correct complicated defects and make major enhancements to resolve customer problems
• Effectively document technical issues, changes to code, etc.
• Maintain the integrity of assigned components throughout the life cycle within the integrated, technical environment.
• Lead technical reviews (Design Reviews, Code Reviews) within the organization, able to work across functional areas (Services, Support etc.)
• Work with Quality Engineering to determine quality and test metrics and plans
• Conduct detailed analysis of the performance attributes of applications using emulation, measurement and analysis techniques. Ensure the quality, accuracy and repeatability of performance findings
• Serve as a senior team member and go to resource on development team, recognized within the Development organization as a technical expert in one or more key areas of technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely-related field
• 5 years of progressively responsible software applications development experience in web-based as well as Windows desktop environments (including cloud based software-as-a-service configurations), distributed systems and mobile technologies.
• Qualifying experience, which may be gained concurrently, must include the following:
o 5 years of experience in MS technologies – .Net, C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, OOP design patterns, Visual C++, COM, VB6, VB Script, ASP XML/XSLT, Source Control and Unit Testing
o 5 years of experience developing code, troubleshooting infrastructure and application problems independently and/or in collaboration with other technical members of the team.
o 5 years of experience improving the performance of slow-running SQL queries with multi-tier service oriented architecture including SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Queries, stored procedures, and basic administration.
o 3 years of experience analyzing and troubleshooting software application performance, and providing short and long-term solutions
o 3 years of experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
o 3 years of experience of database programming.
• Qualified candidates will have and must be able to demonstrate the following:
o Knowledge of Test-Driven-Development using NUnit/MSTest framework.
o Knowledge of document creation tools, UI and charting component libraries for .NET framework
o Design and coding skills and knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques
o Advanced level coding and design knowledge and knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.