National Grid Manager, US Strategic Communications in Waltham, Massachusetts
Under the direction of the US Communications and Policy Director, develop and manage communications strategies to align messaging and media relations programs with business strategy and policy priorities. Ensure all communications demonstrate National Grid’s commitment to customers and communities through our purpose and values.
· Work collaboratively with Corporate Affairs colleagues and jurisdictional and functional subject matter experts to develop and deliver well-defined media relations programs and associated messaging strategies that support business objectives and policy priorities.
· Manage media relations and external engagements to ensure that National Grid’s brand, image, and messages are communicated effectively, and that work is delivered in a timely and effective manner.
· Represent the company as spokesperson to the media at the corporate level on company activities, policies, issues, programs and positions, as required, in order to ensure that National Grid’s brand and reputation are protected.
· Develop and maintain solid working relationships with key regional and national reporters and as required to ensure that key messages and brand are understood and embedded (includes digital and social media).
· Provide media advice and counsel to senior leadership at the corporate level – particularly the US president - to facilitate timely and accurate responses to media inquiries that protect and enhance National Grid’s reputation and brand.
· Implement crisis communication procedures to protect National Grids reputation and brand.
· Research sources and select relevant information in order to enable the analysis of key themes to feed into communication plans and programs.
_Knowledge & Experience Requirements:_
· Bachelors Degree with professional qualification in communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent.
· Direct media relations, spokesperson and writing experience, including providing strategic guidance to senior executives and crisis media relations
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrates the ability to listen and understand the business themes, trends or consequences of a situation in order to develop and implement appropriate media relations plans and actions for the region.
· Actively builds and maintains a network of internal and external relationships in designated regional and functional areas.
· Promotes team effectiveness by soliciting input from team members, communicating expectations of the team and delegating responsibilities while providing support and structure.
· Ability to work as part of a team, values learning from others' input and expertise and actively looks for mutually beneficial solutions
Job: *Media Relations
Organization: *Media Relations
Title: Manager, US Strategic Communications
Requisition ID: 20171809