National Grid Manager, Gas Operational Controls in Waltham, Massachusetts
The role of Manager is to assist the Director in establishing the short and long-term strategy of controls for all work orders within a specific region of work. This includes developing; implementing, monitoring and reporting results to manage the control environment over $2.5 Billion in Capital spend. The work will also include controls over Expense only work. The Manager is accountable for delivering the solution and policies for the timely monitoring and reporting from initiation to completion of work orders.
Operating in a highly complex business environment, the manger works collaboratively with all levels of leadership to ensure strategy is aligned with financial, regulatory, and corporate goals. The manager will work closely with Gas colleagues to ensure best practices are implemented.
· Lead teams responsible for specific work types (growth/ teams to track and report upon performance as well as identify best practices and innovative solutions to enhance the work order life cycle. Accountable for the delivery of reporting dashboards.
· Set strategy and development of standardized processes and reporting requirements related to portfolio controls and all phases of the work order life cycle, and ; optimizes existing processes and frameworks to apply greater focus, integration and discipline across gas operations; set direction and provide leadership for the assessment and implementation of cost effective monitoring of processes and solutions to meet business requirements.
· Establish a quality assurance function to ensure the timely and productive delivery of gas work orders; ability to understand, breakdown and clearly communicate financial and regulatory policy and compliance requirements to others at all levels of the organization. Develop policies and procedures that ensure timely close out of work orders and adherence to associated policies and procedures to meet regulatory objectives around plant in service.
· Serves as gas lead for internal and external work order audits; includes the development and documentation of internal controls.
· Lead, motivate and develop a professional team, prioritize work and allocate resources in order to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and Operations objectives.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
· 5 years-experience in operational/ financial controls, gas utility, construction, or engineering is required
· Knowledge of Plant Accounting policies, procedures, and accounting is preferred.
· Strong Excel skills required
· Proven leadership capabilities required
· Accountable to develop solution and lead solution implementation teams
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously required
· Strong problem solving and analytical skill capabilities required
· Detailed knowledge and understanding of regulatory issues affecting the industry desired
· BS in Finance, Accounting, or Engineering or equivalent experience
· Demonstrate strong leadership and problem-solving skills with the ability to solve complex problems
· Demonstrate ability to develop strategic solution for complex problem
· Demonstrate excellent organizational and planning skills with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and complex projects of significant scope.
· Ability to research, compile, coordinate, schedule, review, document, organize, verify data and conduct independent complex analysis, and identify inconsistencies.
Job: *Investment Planning
Title: Manager, Gas Operational Controls
Requisition ID: 20172064