Eversource Energy Supervisor, Electric Field Operations in Somerville, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
Provides customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced and environmentally sound electric service through ensuring that the Eversource transmission and distribution systems are constructed, maintained and operated to high quality standards. Provides customers with accurately and timely information with regards to construction, service and restoration activities.
The Supervisor’s role is multifaceted with responsibilities including; work planning and coordination, scheduling, execution of fieldwork activities (e.g. substation, UG, OH), performance measurement, coaching, mentoring and various administrative duties. Emphasis is placed on various aspects of these responsibilities through rotational assignments into positions throughout the organization. This position supervises work planning staff and multi-skilled work crews engaged in the execution of processes to operate, maintain, restore, and construct the Eversource transmission and distribution systems.
At the senior level, supervisor will also be responsible for taking the lead in coordinating across/within work location processes, drive innovation and change in business processes and coach and mentor other supervisors.
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of employees. Identifies, build consensus and communicates performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and improves team and employee performance through coaching and on-the-job training.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and problem solving. Shares information and encourages participation in the decision making process. Removes obstacles through communication with other areas.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and company work rules and procedures. Understands and complies with the labor contract and works to resolve initial grievances. Initiates appropriate disciplinary action when required.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, restoration, maintenance and service delivery.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective monthly safety meetings and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship. Provides employees feedback and seeks to resolve quality variations.
Identifies, develops and implements work process and practices improvements.
Coordinates the planning and scheduling of work and resources for field operations, restoration and corrective maintenance.
- Directs the work planning process including; preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements and forecasts and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Knowledge of utility Transmission and Distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes. Project and schedule management skills including skills with computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel). Working knowledge of labor contracts.
Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline plus three (3) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers and
Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline plus five (5) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers, and supervising employees;
Minimum of seven (7) years in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers and supervising employees.
Licenses & Certifications: Massachusetts Drivers License, D.O.T. preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.