J&J Family of Companies HCC Sr Manager Spine Sales NA Marketing in Raynham, Massachusetts
Johnson & Johnson International is recruiting for a HCC Senior Manager, US Spine Sales & Orthopedics North America Marketing. The position may be based out of Raynham MA, West Chester PA or Warsaw, IN and requires 20% domestic travel.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Under the direction of the Health Care Compliance Officer, US Spine Sales & Orthopaedic Marketing, the HCC Senior Manager, US Spine Sales & Orthopedics North America Marketing will serve as the primary HCC point of contact for specific business leaders and functions within the DePuy Synthes US commercial organizations of the J&J Medical Device Group, North America, to ensure their business activities comply with HCC laws, regulations and industry standards, and company policies related to: the selling, promotion and marketing of health care products and services; interactions with health care professionals and/or government officials. Relevant laws and regulations include, as applicable, US federal and state anti-kickback and false claims statutes, transactional and compliance reporting, Federal Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act promotional requirements, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other anti-corruption laws, compliance with any government settlements, as applicable.
The HCC Senior Manager will provide compliance support to DePuy Synthes Spine’s US Sales organization, the DePuy Synthes North America regional Marketing organization, and the Commercial Operations group. Other business units, functions, and/or special projects may be assigned to the role from time to time.
RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Essential Functions)
· Provide guidance, policy interpretations and recommendations relating to the proper promotion of DePuy Synthes products, as well as HCC oversight for day-to-day business activities
· Coordinate the HCC&P guidance and partner with HCC Medical Device Group peers, the Law Department, Government Contract Compliance (GCC), and Privacy Compliance in support of the company’s commercial activities.
· Maintain an effective compliance program for the DePuy Synthes commercial operations organizations, integrated and harmonized with the compliance program for the J&J Medical Device Group, North America (which also includes Ethicon and Cardiovascular Specialty Solutions (CSS)), with focus on:
· Minimizing risk by designing and embedding compliance controls into business and finance processes and ensuring that corrective actions are implemented as appropriate.
· Ensuring the implementation of these controls and corrective actions through monitoring and other oversight activities.
· Partner with DePuy Synthes leadership, and in collaboration with other commercial HCCOs and Government Contracts Compliance Officers, to ensure that the DePuy Synthes HCC program effectively prevents and/or detects potential violations of law, regulations and policies by:
· Engaging the DePuy Synthes leadership team, ensuring governance and oversight of the company’s compliance program by the DePuy Synthes team.
· Acting as a consultant, reviewer and approver (e.g. copy review, as needed), for business activities from concept to implementation; providing guidance on unique offerings of products, services and solutions being developed by the business
· Identifying potential HCC, GCC and Privacy risks associated with commercial activities and ensuring involvement of appropriate individuals within HCC&P and the Law Department to provide business with appropriate guidance
· Partnering with the HCCO of the Strategic Customer Group and, as appropriate, participating on DePuy Synthes Contract & Pricing Committee(s) and other governance structures as necessary
· Leading, or aiding those who lead, investigations into alleged non-compliance with the company’s HCC policies and procedures
· Supporting compliance with cross-selling and any applicable external obligations through collaboration with relevant HCC&P teams
· Conducting training and communication, periodic risk assessment, mitigation activities, corrective and preventive action, and reporting to relevant leaders regarding trends and recommended actions
· A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
· A Minimum 8 years of business experience in medical device, pharmaceutical industry, or health care is required.
· A minimum of five years in health care compliance (HCC), government contracts compliance (GCC) or a related area, such as, finance or commercial contracting is required.
· Experience developing and implementing one or more elements of a compliance program is preferred.
· Experience working as an HCC or GCC Officer or Manager is preferred.
· Experience working in a matrix environment is preferred.
· Knowledge of the following:
o anti-kickback and false claims laws;
o transactional and compliance reporting laws and regulations; and
o Federal Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act promotional requirements; required.
· Experience with project management in a matrixed business organization is preferred.
· Knowledge of commercial sales and marketing practices for healthcare products and services. Ability to support rapidly changing business models across multiple companies and sectors.
· Strong cross company/sector collaboration and change management.
· Ability to advise on complex selling and promotional arrangements, while working towards solutions to streamline process and drive compliant growth.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and analytical skills.
· Broad business experience and a proven ability to influence business decisions and business partners.
· Proven track record in delivering results, self-starter and ability to manage complexity
· Deal well with ambiguity and new areas.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate complex information is required.
· Demonstrates strong organizational, process and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex priorities independently.
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Health Care Compliance