OnDek Solutions Quality Engineer in Millbury, Massachusetts
This position has the responsibility for assuring that the Millbury manufacturing facility functions to the full extent of their stated quality management system. The Customer Focus Quality Engineer requires active participation within the plant operations team and will require daily interaction with customers, management and skilled labor. In addition, the incumbent will provide technical service and trouble-shooting on customer issues and lead continuous improvement projects. The incumbent is a mechanical or chemical engineer with a solid background in manufacturing, process and quality engineering. Within the Millbury site there are three Quality Engineers reporting into the Quality Manager.
- Evaluate manufacturing problems, product problems, and field complaints to determine trends as opportunities for improving manufacturing and product performance.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through quick follow up to problems/ customer concerns, good root cause analysis, & complete feedback.
- Work with Customer Liaisons at the customer to ensure all replacement, concerns and reports are followed though to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Monitors Customers Concerns and coordinate responses with Quality Manager and management team
- Thoroughly evaluate all customer returns and inroot causes.
- Identify and analyze deviations from established company quality systems and ensure corrective action is implemented.
- Assist in maintaining the customer specification database and ensure that all revisions are reviewed and kept current. Also assist in managing the document control process at the site.
- Participate in the NCR and MRB processes and maintain the corrective and preventive action database.
- Assist in the management of the contract review process on new customer orders to ensure adherence to customer specifications and special PO requirements.
- Assist the engineering team in maintaining the management of change process within the QMS.
- Develop, implement and document Quality Assurance Systems and Applications; such as ISO requirements.
- Coordinate, organize and conduct internal and external Quality System Audits.
- Take ownership for the continuous reduction in Cost of Quality by using lean tools of mistake proofing and root cause analysis.
- Promote continuous improvement through coaching, facilitating and training in the use of quality tools such as SPC and Six Sigma.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
· 1-5 years’ experience in quality system roles
· Experience in aerospace quality systems including knowledge of AS9100
· Experience in QC testing methods and aerospace specifications
· Experience using statistical process control tools
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Excellent communication and report writing skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications
Being deeply rooted in our communities on a professional and personal basis enables us to understand the needs of the clients we service, as well as the quality of talent they demand. We strive to understand our clients business and employment requirements to deliver the highest level of service and results.