MYR Group Inc. Project Manager T&D in Methuen, Massachusetts
Do you enjoy a great culture and a dynamic team environment? Do you find value in a variety of transmission line and large distribution line projects? Then this position may just be for you!
Established in 1941, Harlan Electric Company has built more than the electrical infrastructure that powers our nation, we’ve built strong and dedicated employees who have fueled our continued success. The skills, talents and commitment of our employees is what makes Harlan Electric a leader in the electrical services industry.
So why should you apply to be a Project Manager for Harlan Electric? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Project Managers have excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental & Vision insurance, Paid Vacation & holidays, Company paid Life Insurance a 401K, and more! If you were to ask our Project Managers why they like working for Harlan Electric, chances are they would say, “From the projects we’re engaged in around the nation, to the people we hire and work with, our employees are exposed to a variety of environments, situations and people – all factors that ultimately help each and every one of us to grow both personally and professionally.” What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Project Manager Overview:
We are currently seeking an electrical Project Manager to manage transmission line and distribution line construction projects. The Project Manager will assist with the construction project from the RFP/Estimating, job set up, and through the construction phase. The project will be based at our district office in Methuen, MA and will cover projects within the assigned project areas.* Travel is required based on the needs of the district and projects.*
Project Manager Duties:
- Assist and review transmission bids, exhibit B's, and corporate bid reviews
- Review subcontractor ITB's and proposals
- Assist with creating bid schedules
- Submission of request for information to clients
- Acting as main point of contact for projects and facilitating conference calls
- Coordinating meetings, scheduling updates, submitting deliverables, and addressing outstanding 'open items' as requested by clients
- Attend pre-construction meetings, project sites, and client meetings
- Reporting to management team
- Assist with preparation of project construction schedules an coordinating with field supervision for planning and production schedule/assumptions
- Assist with budget, job setup, labor code enter into JDE
- Preparation of contract notice, look-ahead documents, and weekly/monthly progress reports
- Reviewing and monitoring job costs versus budgets, create invoices for monthly billing and change order management
- Process project close out routine to include final invoicing, retention, lien waivers, change order and final documents to client
- Keeping emphasis on the client, develop an understanding of the client's culture, key people and processes
- Interfaces with various staff to include field personnel
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
- The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
- Other duties as assigned
Project Manager Skills/Qualifications:
- Prior experience as a Project Manager, Estimator or Project Engineer in the utilities or construction industry required
- Must have prior experience working in electric energy transmission, distribution, and/or sub transmission projects
- Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Prior knowledge and/or ability to learn and understand the estimating process regarding labor hours and equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with field crews, superintendents, management, and clients
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is required, or equivalent in experience
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Word is required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills especially with job cost tracking, progress reporting, and invoicing
- Strong customer service skills required* *
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are*Equal Opportunity Employer*s. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Methuen, MA
Job Type: Construction
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 6/19/20176/19/2017