Tufts University HVAC Mechanic I - Facilities in Medford, Massachusetts
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
HVAC Mechanic I - Facilities - 17001227
The HVAC Mechanic I requires extensive knowledge in the maintenance, installation, service, and cleaning of various types of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems.
• Troubleshoot, inspect, clean and repair refrigeration, heating, humidification, air conditioning, ventilation systems, and components.
• Install and start new equipment and controls.
• Troubleshoot, inspect, clean and repair heating boilers including oil burners, steam and hot water distribution systems and various controls.
• Use hand and power tools and refrigeration and air conditioning gauges and other similar measuring equipment.
• Implement a preventive maintenance program by developing scheduled work orders per manufacture’s requirements.
• Maintain equipment and repair records in Maximo.
• Supervise one or more HVAC Mechanic IIs and Trades Helpers.
• Perform various duties as assigned.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years’ recent experience as an HVAC mechanic.
• Possession of a valid Massachusetts Refrigeration License, EPA/DEP CFC Certification, Journey Sheet Metal License, and a valid Driver’s License is required.
• Must be able to read blueprints and HVAC diagrams, repair and program controls, and work with minimal supervision.
• Must demonstrate the ability to use our Maximo Maintenance System.
• A technical degree from a community college or proven military experience in this field is a plus.
• Must be mature, adaptable, and have the ability to work pleasantly and tactfully with his/her fellow employees, faculty, students, and staff.
• Must be able to meet requirements on attached listing.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Facilities Medford - Trades A
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Apr 18, 2017, 10:06:03 AM