Sysmex Flow Cytometry Sales Specialist (Boston, MA) in Massachusetts
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for an Applications and Technical Sales Specialist. The Applications and Technical Sales Specialist is a field based position. The Specialist assists in the positioning, sales and post sales implementation of the Sysmex Flow Cytometry Systems and consumables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead in the pre-sales and sales activities to properly promote the Company’s Flow Cytometry portfolio of products to ensure financial targets are achieved.
Provide technical assistance to aid customers in the proper use of our solutions (including all hardware, software, reagents, sample preparation, data handling and any additional technologies that may be added to the cytometry portfolio).
Participate, and be able to present in trainings and trade shows, seminars and workshops as needed.
Maintain proper records of customer interactions (sales and support) using the appropriate Company tools.
Troubleshoot problems incurred by users either remotely or by direct visit and work to find solutions.
Comply to the Company’s regulatory and quality processes.
Setup and deliver customer demonstrations of Cytometry solutions as needed.
Provide marketing with trends in the marketplace.
Additional duties and responsibilities according to business needs.
Physical Risk: Regular exposures to risk that may require special training and precautions.
Physical Demands: Moderate physical activity. Routine handling of objects 21 to 50 pounds; continuous (at least 80% of time) walking or inspections, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 to 5 years relevant experience required.
- Experience in flow cytometry, immunology, cell biology including experience in the USA Armed Forces.
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in life sciences preferred.
- General computer knowledge in a Windows environment is required. Basic knowledge of LIS systems and interfacing principles desirable.
- Adult teaching skills and experience required.
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written; (second language Spanish desirable).
- Demonstrate ability to explain in simple and understandable terms complex technical information associated with Sysmex instrument systems.
- Outstanding listening and learning skills, patience and understanding.
- Flexibility in front of challenging situations.
- Demonstrated presentation and influence skills.
- Team orientated; demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high energy level and positive attitude.
- Ability to take initiative to make changes to improve how work is done, focus on process improvement; promote customer satisfaction; support sales objectives and organizational directives; provide data to the organization on customer use/preferences leading to customer driven design/customer usability.
- This position requires extensive travel (up to 80%).
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
# of Openings: 1
Job ID: 2017-1093