P3I, Incorporated Cognitive Engineer (0001885) in Lexington, Massachusetts
Cognitive Engineer (0001885)
Background:A cognitive engineer is needed to assist in the analysis of military operator workflows and decision processes in cybersecurity operations, and to design and conduct measurements to document existing work processes and to improve team and individual situational awareness and decision making.
Assignment:The work requires design and conduct cognitive research, analysis of experimental results, creation and management of experiment documentation and procedures, participation in the publication of research results, analysis of advanced visualizations, and development of experimental measures. Work as part of a multidisciplinary team, and communication directly with sponsors and subject matter experts is expected as part of this position.
Required* Experience, Skills and Qualifications*
- Candidate must have a PhD in Cognitive Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, or a PhD in another field or an MS, plus 8 years’ experience analyzing, designing, and evaluating complex systems.
- The candidate will have excellent analytic, problem definition and problem solving skills.
- Candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate will have hands-on experience with user instrumentation (eye-tracking, video, GSR or similar).
- Candidate will have training or experience in user workflow analysis, especially cognitive task analysis, human/team performance metrics, detailed problem specifications, generation of creative potential problem resolutions, user interaction design, and technology utility experimentation and analysis.
Preferred* Experience, Skills and Qualifications*
- Candidate should have prior experience in cyber security.
- Candidate should have knowledge of state-of-the-art research in human factors and cognitive engineering areas and have authored publications in these areas.
- Candidate should have training or experience in computer science, advanced human-machine interaction, human-in-the-loop experimentation, or cognitive psychology.
Limited travel may be required.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN – Personnel possessing an active SECRET clearance desired. All personnel must successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI) and obtain a DoD Interim Clearance.
Location: Lexington, MA