Canyon Ranch SpaClub Beauty Service Assistant in Lenox, Massachusetts
At Canyon Ranch our mission is to inspire people to make a commitment to healthy living, turning hopes and intentions into the highest enjoyment of life. Every member of our team is passionate about inspiring our guests and each other to make that commitment to healthy living… and change lives forever. Our team has tremendous longevity, where more than half have been with Canyon Ranch for at least five years. Our culture is one of caring and helping, where we delight in making a difference in someone’s life. We were the pioneers in the healthy living vacations, and continue to offer a world class experience to our guests and staff every day. If you have passion and care to make a difference, please introduce yourself by applying, and learn more about our exceptional team at Canyon Ranch.
We currently have an opportunity for a Beauty Service Assistant in our Lenox, MA location.
Responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of the Salon and Skin Care Reception operations. This includes guiding guests in service selections, scheduling guest appointments, maintaining a strong knowledge of all products in the department in order to assist guests with product selection and support estheticians, hair and nail technicians by closing sales.
Conduct retail sales for Salon, Skincare, Massage, Fitness and Spirituality departments. Maintain clear understanding of all products in the Spa and their proper use and application to appropriately respond to general questions and assist guests with product selection in the absence of an aesthetician/hair or nail technician.
Maintain accurate and deep understanding of all services offered in the Beauty Services and general understanding of services offered in the Spa in order to assist guests with service selection, scheduling guests’ services, provide accurate information of treatments and assist guest with their itineraries.
- Collaborates and Communicates with Purchasing department regarding vendor issues and communicate any issues to appropriate department managers.
Experience: 1-2 years previous experience in a retail, beauty, or customer service role strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent organizational skills, communication and customer service.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and be detailed oriented.
Strong computer skills-will work extensively with Opera, Concept and Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel.
Ability to handle money with few errors.
Possess and demonstrate strong interest in the beauty and skin care field.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
-OR- _ Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position._
About Canyon Ranch At Canyon Ranch we understand that benefits matter. We are unique in the hospitality industry in our philosophy that all staff members are encouraged to take advantage of classes, lectures, spa and fitness equipment & programs offered every day. In addition, staff members are eligible for generous discounts on services, hotels stays, products and even community partner discounts.
- Complimentary access to dozens of movement classes and lectures every day
- Complimentary access to gyms and fitness facilities
- Monthly Family Night programming for staff members to bring a guest and enjoy special staff only events presented by our professionals
- Access to wearable fitness technology and other products that motivate at our cost through convenient payroll deductions
- Staff member reduced tuition to the Life Enhancement Program in Tucson for themselves and their family members at up to 90% discount
- Medical plan with generous plan coverage at affordable contribution levels
- Dental plans that fit your needs and cover services most staff members can really use
- Pharmacy coverage for prescriptions that includes no-copay for certain medications
- Well Credit program which allows staff members to earn significant discounts on their contribution amount as a reward for living a healthy lifestyle
- Free Know Your Numbers program where staff members can learn about their own biometric and health measurements in order to make healthy choices
- Vision plans for staff members and their dependents who wear corrective lenses
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short term and long term disability plans
- Ability to purchase additional life insurance for staff members and their dependents beyond what Canyon Ranch already provides
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with matching contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Lifeline Loans
Location: Lenox, MA Resort
Internal status: PTBE
Anticipated hrs/week: 32-39