Dell Engineering Technician 1 in Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Provides support for engineering activities by performing a variety of routine, technical, engineering-related tasks under close direction to ensure design/ production quality standards are met. Requires moderate knowledge and understanding of LAN and RMS Ethernet.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Must be able to understand the latest technologies in fiber, ficon, escon specifications. Must also perform a variety of tests including fiber, escon, ficon.
• Perform Image Initialization, Configure File Sharing, SymmRemote & Network.
• Install power drops in the engineering environment with an understanding of PDU power requirements and balancing of the PDU''s with recommendation to facilities.
• Assemble and rework Test fixtures for the engineering department.
• Operate and program the ISP Firmware upgrades.
• Perform connectivity testing to Zone cabinets & CHPD from the mainframe.
• Operate multimode & single mode fiber testers to conform to quality standards. (VFL & Light Meter by Corning).
• Knowledge of appropriate development languages.
• Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
• Basic computer skills.
• Communication skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Analytical ability.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
Engineering - Other
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton