Staples Project Mgr Pricing in Framingham, Massachusetts
Staples Advantage is a $6B+ channel serving medium & large business customers. Given the size and maturity of this channel, the Pricing Project Manager will play an important role in further defining this channel and in building this business.
The Pricing Project Manager represents the needs & requirements of Pricing to both internal and external Staples Advantage customers & stakeholders. This associate will ensure that Staples is achieving sales and profitability goals while ensuring that the pricing terms & conditions in legal-contracts are adhered to. This associate must be a highly analytical thinker & expert problem solver. The Pricing Project Manager is collaborative, highly organized, balances multiple projects, and easily adapts to a fast-paced environment where priorities often shift.
This may include, but is not limited to primary focus on customer acquisition, customer retention, pricing programs, compliance, business intelligence & analytics, systems integrations, or systems enhancement projects.
• Work directly with sales, cross functional teams, or 3rd Party consultants as a consultative & collaborative subject matter expert. Lead pricing calls, develop project requirements, and create pricing models.
• Manage strategic projects for the Contract division and assist with major initiatives such as merger integration, strategic planning for product and service line extensions, and other corporate initiatives.
• Lead strategy sessions with the relevant team members to develop pricing plans to retain customers and optimize sales. Develop specific offers that blend assortments, prices and deliver expected business results.
• Design, implement, and track customer specific and/or business unit profitability plans.
• Lead the process of identifying sales and margin opportunities and developing project plans and timelines.
• Develop processes, procedures, and validation methods that ensure accuracy & consistency when retrieving & compiling data from multiple resources.
• Develop methodology to measure and asses results.
• Provide analysis, insight, direction and actionable recommendations to Sales Management.
• Influence stakeholders to impact outcomes.
• Required Travel as needed to support the business up to 10% of time.
• Recommend scalable solutions based on deep understanding of system functionality & limitations.
• Recommend potential system enhancements to meet the changing needs to the business.
• Influence market and sales leaders to leverage new tools and strategies.
• Share best practices with other business units
• Ongoing interactions with Sales Representatives, Sales Managers, and Sales VP’s.
• Represent Pricing department on cross-functional teams with other departments such as Finance, Merchandising, and IT.
• Represent Pricing department requirements to 3rd Party consultants
• Assists management with training and onboarding of new associates.
• Understand customer buying habits in all product categories and how new initiatives/projects may impact those buying habits.
• Encouraged to “think like an owner” and identify strategic opportunities to influence and enhance pricing outcomes.
• Prioritizes and completes assignments accurately and within SLA.
• Deliver strategic projects on time and on budget.
• Trackable margin improvements and/or profitable sales growth.
• Influence adoption of Staples Advantage pricing strategy.
• Bachelor’s Degree required (concentration in analytical- and/or financial-based areas such as business, accounting or economics desirable)
• Minimum 4-6 years previous work experience required (2-4 years’ related experience in B2B distribution environment or financial/analyst work desirable)
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent computer skills (database, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation) plus SQL (or similar DB) and AS400 systems & pricing logic
• Proven analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
• Strong influencing & negotiation skills
• Cross functional team leadership skills
• Strong Decision-making skills
• Ability to work well in a dynamic environment – adaptability
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task a must
• Previous contract pricing experience in a B2B model
• Strategic thinking and creative problem-solving activities
• Project Management experience and ability to balance/prioritize workload
• Proactive, quick, decisive, self-motivated individual who can handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
• CPP Welcome
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.