Staples Project Manager, Visual Merchandising in Framingham, Massachusetts
As part of the Visual Merchandising Team, project manage wide range of requests, assist with the design, development, and implementation of all Staples in-store signing and customer-facing communications.
Including but not limited to permanent, informational and institutional signing. Create sign solutions for existing, new, remodeled and relocated stores. Collaborate with internal business partners, field associates and 3rd party contractors to ensure cost-effective, timely execution of all sign deliverables. Document and maintain Store-Specific Characteristics to Ensure Accuracy of Ongoing Sign Programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Project Mange a wide array of project spanning from simple maintenance to complex initiatives.
· Document signage requirements for current and future store formats: including but not limited to Dovers, Heartland, Concept,12K, Urban and Non-Prototypical.
· Utilize dynamic database to support store-specific sign packages for merchandise resets, and permanent sign décor, reducing complexity of store execution.
· Reduce signage expense and waste through more effective management of inventory, maintenance, and rollout costs
· Utilize dynamic database in signing production to ensure accuracy for sign packages specific to each store’s need.
Chain Maintenance via Production Transition Process:
· Apply existing standards in executing the permanent signing requests via Production Transition
· Project manage the required signing tasks from start to implementation:
o Quoting process
o Product transition task plan
o Testing of signing prior to launching to chain
o Collaborate with cross functional teams
o Execute the Vendor POP process
Signing Development and Initiative Support
· Design, develop and produce signing and hardware solutions to support corporate initiatives and new business strategies.
· Provide costing and multiple scenario options
· Cross-functional coordination of complex, staggered schedules to align with chainwide implementation across multiple store formats. Customize sign kits to specific store activities and coordinate scheduling to coincide with fixture delivery, labor allocation, and overall project implementation.
· Interface with cross functional teams (e.g. merchants, business owners,FF&E ) and collaborate with internal and field partners.
· Documentation of signage changes resulting from reflows, resets and other merchandising initiatives to ensure baseline data for future changes. Coordinate documentation with multiple Visual Merchandising systems: Symphony, Signs On-line and Sign Solutions.
New Store and Remodel Sign Management
· Support the development of new store prototypes with cost effective, branded, sustainable signage décor and programs.
· Coordinate the production, delivery and implementation of sign elements across multiple store formats, designs, and sizes to ensure correct and cost-effective implementation by store.
· Provide clear direction and manage timely new store installations through 3rd party installation contractors.
· Control costs and optimize inventory and production efficiencies for new/remodel store sign budget.
Signing Standards and Documentation
· Provide clear direction for store associate and installers for the implementation of sign programs across multiple store formats and type.
· Create, communicate and maintain company sign standards through Staples@work Website and Store Sign Manual, and the integration of signage into Planograms.
· Support the ongoing development of an industry-leading, complex in-store POP Sign Systems including posting standards and graphic design of price/item shelf level signage.
· Assist with the creation, maintenance and auditing of Product Fact tags
· Coordinate with internal team to ensure signing is updated to reflect latest merchandising and POG philosophies.
· Undergraduate degree
· Strong computer skills needed including CAD, Microsoft Office, Database, and InDesign or equivalent software
· 5-7 years project management experience - retail industry preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, understanding key priorities and managing to deliverable dates
· Ability to make effective daily judgments within context of overall department/company strategies and changing objectives
· Experience collaborating with internal and external teams on both large and small projects
· Ability to interact with all levels of management
· Ability to adapt quickly to changing objectives and remain positive and flexible
· Strong problem-solving abilities
/ Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. // /
Title: Project Manager, Visual Merchandising
Requisition ID: 1019519