U.S. Army Reserve Command Mobile Equipment Servicer in Fort Devens, Massachusetts
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at: the 99th Regional Support Command, Equipment Concentration Site 65, Fort Devens, Ayer, Massachusetts
Description of the Working Environment: Work is performed primarily in a maintenance shop setting.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for family member appointment under Executive Order 12721
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to prior employment with specific agencies
- Eligible for Persons with Disabilities
Duties of this position include:
- Completing preventative maintenance on a variety of automotive, heavy mobile and powered support equipment
- Replacing automotive parts
- Taking oil samples
- Loading and unloading shipments
- Updating automated files
- Maintaining warehousing reports
- Operating motor vehicles to pick up an and transport supplies
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 5%.
- Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates, VEOA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees.
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
- This position is subject to random Drug Testing.
- This position requires Class "A" CDL within 90 days of employment.
- This position requires an annual medical examination.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
In order to qualify, you must meet the screen-out element described below.
Ability to do the work of a Mobile Equipment Servicer (Materials Handler) without more than normal supervision. Applicants must meet the screen out element to be considered further. To meet the screen out element, applicants should document experience or show the ability to do the following: working within a shop environment and assisting with the accomplishment of tasks, such as servicing automotive equipment. Generally work under supervision, but capable of accomplishing deadlines and priorities made by higher levels of supervision.
Physical Effort Required:
Performs work on hard surfaces and in work areas that require the worker to stand, stoop, bend, and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. You may be required to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time. Moderate physical effort is used in operating hand and foot controls when driving, turning, stopping and starting the fork lifts and motor vehicles and in raising, lowering and tilting the forklift loads. Frequently lifts and carries supplies, material and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
Working Conditions:Works inside in areas that are cold, damp, drafty or poorly lighted and ventilated. May work in adverse weather in such outside areas as open docks and storage yards. Is exposed to the possibility of serious accidents while operating the fork lifts and motor vehicles. Is frequently exposed to the possibility of cuts, scrapes and bruises. You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Replacing Engine Parts
- Knowledge of Motor Vehicle
- Knowledge of Warehouse Procedure
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 position.
- Salary is based on the local prevailing rate.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474508700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-15 to 2017-07-28
Salary: $20.12 to $23.57 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 06
Series: 5806 Mobile Equipment Servicing
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: NCDE171440211987662
Control number: 474508700