Amazon.com Field Transportation Lead in Fall River, Massachusetts
Field Transportation Lead
Field Transportation Lead you will work to assist in coaching and mentoring the team. You will work as a backup for your Area Manager. You will assist in yard operations by performing a variety of duties inclusive of operating a spotter truck. In this fast-paced environment, you will be working in an active trailer yard. This role will spend the majority of the time in the FC yard.
· Perform leadership functions for the yard team, including regular 1:1 coaching and development sessions and directing the team as needed during the work day.
· Perform the duties of the Area Manager when the Area Manager is not on site.
· Correspond with multiple shipping companies and their contacts including escalations
· Conduct daily coordination with FC operations departments, transportation peers and carriers to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects.
· Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the FC trailer yard through meticulous attention to detail and daily yard audits.
· Consolidate information from different sources to determine daily trailer pool requirements and trailer flow in yard.
· Consolidate data from multiple data sources to generate daily reports to support business needs.
· Need to learn how to use multiple carrier provided shipping software to ship and track packages
· Escalate systematic and operational issues through case and ticket systems
· Audit delivery and shipping documents as needed including seal inspection
· Troubleshoot shipping problems and errors to resolution
· Communicate well with peers, managers and outside carriers to coordinate activities according to needs
· Comprehensive understanding of shipping requirements, rules and obligations by carrier, destination and package type
· Ensure that all safety measures and precautions are in place and being used regarding the docks and trailers
· Assist in off-site yard operations
· Rotate through all duties required of Yard Specialist (trailer check-in/out, auditing, escalation and exception management and hosteling.
· Need to know or be able to learn the shipping and truckload transportation process
· Must be well organized and detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task
· Must be accurate, reliable and understand the importance of deadlines and work as required to satisfy deadlines
· Must be able to be proactive and work well with others
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Operation of spotter vehicle
· Operates a spotter truck
· Moves trailers between trailer yard and dock doors
· Commitment to yard rules and safety policies, and safe behaviors
· Move empty or full trailers between trailer yard and dock doors
· Utilize handheld mobile device to log all trailer moves in Yard Management System and maintain accurate yard inventory
· Perform manual dolly movements
· Perform hostler assisted dolly movements
Physical Demands to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Standing and/or walking during a minimum ten-hour shift
· Some lifting and moving of packages, most weighing 35 pounds or less
· Walking in the FC and Yard area with great frequency
· Manual dexterity in hands and wrist
· Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Climbing in and out of the spotter truck numerous times per day, hooking and unhooking trailers
· Yard conditions will vary based on the season, employees regularly are exposed to inclement weather and conditions (both hot/cold, wet/dry)
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Experience in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
· Must be flexible for daily overtime and varying schedules as needed
· Must have a valid driver’s license, maintain appropriate insurance and pass a motor vehicle background check and complete Amazon.com yard driver training
· At least 2 years commercial driving experience in a vehicle of similar size, weight, and controls as a terminal tractor
· Proficiency in backing trailers into dock doors and parking slips
· Bachelor degree is preferred.
· Good communication skills with diverse audiences with confidence, clarity, and right focus.
· Strong logical thinking, analytical skill, and problem solving skill.
· Good teamwork mentality to build trustworthy and supportive working relationships.
· Ability to learn quickly and work under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Currently in T3 or higher position with Amazon
This role is not VCP eligible.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 549052
External Company URL: www.amazon.com