Andersen Windows and Doors CDL A Driver in Fall River, Massachusetts
- Safely load and unload product to customer’s location and/ or return products. (Driver will be required to handle freight).
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of freight of varying weights
- Secure all shipments by tying down or bracing cargo within the trailer, as required.
- Inspect equipment for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report at the end of each trip or tour of duty.
- Check shipping papers to determine the contents of load and the load destinations.
- Drive truck to destinations in accordance with Federal regulations.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speed in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
- Ensure that all shipment documentation (e.g. manifest, security seal sheet, bills of lading, shipping orders, etc.) required to move with shipments is available for inspection and the appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including driver logs, possible fuel purchases, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment.
- Report all on-the-job injuries to your manager.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pickup or delivery of cargo.
- Professional representation of the Andersen Corporation.
- Able to answer questions regarding packing lists, invoices, packaging and material content. If unable to answer specific questions, direct customer to appropriate contact at Andersen.
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License and doubles/triples endorsement if twin trailers are pulled at location.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- Have an acceptable accident and moving violation Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must have at least 2 years previous tractor-trailer (or straight truck, depending on equipment) driving experience including winter driving experience.
- Must have the ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, read road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must have good oral communication skills
- Must be able to follow instructions and take directions via on-board computer system and by phone.
- Must have the working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of D.O.T. regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, vehicle inspection and maintenance.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation .
- Must satisfactorily pass a drug test.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Must be able to perform frequent squatting or crouching to handle position and secure freight.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab as many as 45 times a day or more.
- Must be able to perform frequent pulling of freight weighing up to 200 pounds on a dolly or cart.
- Must be able to frequently perform carrying freight weighing up to 80 pounds of varying size and shape.
- Must be able to frequently reach for cargo above shoulder level, at waist level and below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate the truck.
- Must be able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel lever, lock and release pintle-hooks, attach and release safety chains, open and close cargo doors, climb into and off of vehicles, fuel vehicles and check engine oil coolant levels.
Primary Location: United States-MA-Fall River
Organization: Andersen Distribution
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2017, 11:45:29 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 21894