Amazon.com Operations Manager, Logistics in Everett, Massachusetts
Since 1994, Amazon has evolved from a single retail website to become a global development platform as well as an e-commerce and publishing partner. Innovation is in our DNA, and we constantly seek out the world’s brightest technology minds to research and develop new solutions to improve the lives of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world. Because that's what being Earth's most customer-centric company is all about, and it's still Day One at Amazon.
Amazon’s transportation teams work to ensure the delivery packages globally for customers around the world. On its busiest day, Cyber Monday,Amazon customers around the world have ordered more than 400 items per second and the transportation teams play a critical role ensuring packages make it to customers’ doors on-time and in great condition. Whether its items large or small, we find solutions to make sure we are delivering on our promise for customers.
The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations, outbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the operation on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
• Lead and supervise a team of Shift Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and associates in outbound or inbound operations.
• Responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance and customer experience of the shift.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
• Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
• Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
• Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
Additional Job Elements:
· Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
· Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
· Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Must be able to work in an environment where the noise level varies and can be loud
· Must be able to work in an environment where the temperature may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees
· Must be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
· Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet challenges in a deadline-driven environment.
• A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• Direct management experience for a salaried employee population and its performance
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
• Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
• Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
• Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
• Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment
• 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production, delivery or distribution environment
• Interest in long-term career development
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 572119
External Company URL: www.amazon.com