Bristol Myers Squibb Scientist – Upstream Process Development in Devens, Massachusetts
Title: Scientist – Upstream Process Development
Job Number: 1702476
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we believe that together we can make the difference. We want to do this by building professional teams who can create and innovate medicines that benefit doctors and their patients.
Our large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts, is expanding and there are a number of exciting career opportunities to join Bristol-Myers Squibb, one of the world’s leading BioPharma companies.
We’ve created one of the world’s premier biologics facilities, among the first sites in the industry to have a fully automated, integrated manufacturing control system that enables the plant to run virtually paperless. It is a site that combines biologics development with clinical and commercial manufacturing on a single campus – a true biologics center of excellence for the company where teams are encouraged to closely collaborate. This expansion was designed to support the launch of new medicines by more closely aligning biologics development and manufacturing capabilities. All this goes towards helping create and innovate life-saving medicines that fight serious illnesses.
The Scientist – Upstream Process Development will report to one of upstream leaders, and will collaborate with a group of Ph.D. scientists and associate scientists to develop robust and scalable mammalian cell culture processes for late stage biologics in BMS’s very robust and very exciting pipeline. The candidate will work closely with the downstream team, analytical team and other matrix organizations to drive speed to clinical and work with manufacturing sites within the BMS network or Third Party Manufacturing to deliver robust, scalable and economical processes for late stage clinical and commercial supply.
The successful candidate has the following responsibilities:
• Hands-on operation of lab scale bioreactors for mammalian cell culture processes
• Upstream process design, optimization, and tech transfer.
• Support process scale up activities in pilot plant and clinical manufacturing sites.
• Prepare/review technical documents including development /tech transfer reports, batch records, SOPs and CMC regulatory submissions.
• Participate on cross functional teams to progress both early and late stage drug candidates.
• Train junior team members in lab operations.
• Recommend innovative new technologies and perform the necessary experiments for evaluation, implementation and writing scientific publications.
• M.S. or Ph.D.: Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cell Biology or equivalent with a minimum of 0-5 years of industry for Ph.D. and minimum 5 years for MSc.
• In depth understanding and hands on experience in upstream process development, bioreactor operation and scale-up/ down, media development.
• Practical experience with downstream processing and analytical techniques relating to glycoprotein attributes.
• Knowledge of statistical experimental design and data analysis.
• Knowledge of cGMPs as applied to process development and scale up.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Together, we make a difference. Bristol-Myers Squibb is one of the world’s BioPharma leaders, committed to delivering innovative medicines as well as nurturing a culture that’s a springboard for progress. Our success depends on building teams of bold, innovative and passionate employees who will help continue to drive us further forward. No matter the role, we are united by our mission and determined to win this fight. And that makes all the difference. If you want to join us, apply now at www.bms.com/careers .
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job: Sci-Molecular Biology