Vecna Senior Electrical Engineer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Vecna Robotics (https://robotics. vecna. com) seeks to hire a Senior Electrical Engineer to design, integrate, and test electrical system architectures, embedded systems, power electronics, and electro-mechanical systems for a number of exciting products. The successful candidate will have system-level and component/board level experience. Work will be performed from requirements through production and product support. The engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the electrical system and will interface with mechanical and software engineers to build great products. This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Schematic design, PCB layout, and review of multi-layer PCB assemblies.
- Specification of appropriate components including embedded controls, analog and digital components, wiring harnesses and connectors.
- Prototype breadboarding and bench testing of proposed designs.
- Complete documentation of all designs, including block diagrams, schematics, PCB layouts, BOMs, wiring diagrams, assembly instructions and testing procedures.
- Work with mechanical and software engineers to satisfy system requirements.
- Assemble, test and debug first article hardware and track necessary revisions.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Support agency certification activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering; MS preferred.
- 5+ years non-classroom digital and PCB design experience.
- Proficiency in embedded programming and debugging; PIC and/or ARM experience preferred.
- Experience with prototype development processes.
- Strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with Altium a plus.
- Experience with power electronics (1kW) and power management systems a plus.
- Experience with CE (safety, EMI, ESD, etc), FCC, UL and other agency certifications a plus.
- Cambridge, MA
Job ID: 302