Pegasystems, Inc. Senior Business Officer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Lead and manage the mission-critical task of pricing, drafting, negotiating and closing large, complex software license and service transactions. These transactions are often multi-million dollar deals with large industry-leading companies and involve time-sensitive, high-intensity negotiations with skilled client procurement experts or professional negotiators.
This position will have detailed involvement in deal structuring and pricing, contract drafting, negotiating business and contractual terms with customers, and revenue recognition analysis. Additionally, this role will interact with senior management to determine strategy, obtain required approvals and drive deals to signature. In this role, you will:**
- Act as lead negotiator with customers’ procurement executives to ensure that negotiations are conducted in a disciplined manner
- Use the full offer negotiation process to retain maximum value for the company and consistency with company standards and precedent
- Review and draft software license and service agreements using concise language to rapidly resolve contract issues in a manner that is reasonable for the company and the customer
- Track and drive the timely completion of all steps in the deal process, including framing, negotiation and closing of license transactions
- Actively coach others, including Account Executives, on how to effectively frame and close deals
- Capture key information from completed contracts to provide updates for senior management regarding financial forecasting and resource planning
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- The ability to have a high impact on company revenue and success
You are a highly skilled negotiator with a successful track record of closing high revenue, high complexity software license and services deals. In addition, you will have a background in deal structuring, pricing, and contract drafting in addition to exercising sound business judgment.
Your career experience has seen you collaborating with sales executives and sales leadership and you have an extensive background in the legal space. This role is perfect for you if you have a high degree of integrity, motivation, sense of humor and drive for results, without sacrificing customer success.
Qualifications will include:
- U.S. bachelor’s degree or international equivalent is required. Master’s Degree and/or U.S. Juris Doctor Degree or international equivalent strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience negotiating and drafting large, complex transactions for softwarelicenses and/or services
- 10+ years of experience in a legal, business operations, and/or sales support function
- Prior experience in software pricing is preferred
- Understanding of software revenue recognition
- Understanding of key technologies relevant to Pegasystems’ industry
- Clear, concise and confident written and oral communication skills
- Intellectual and strategic curiosity
- An equal mix of a sense of commitment and a sense of humor
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications