Nuance Buyer in Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Position Summary: The primary function of this position is to procure the timely and cost-effective procurement of goods and services to support the company. Responsible for placing purchase orders and working with appropriate organizations for new and existing materials, equipment, goods and services in support of Nuance’s cost and quality goals.
• Plans, schedules and places purchase orders with suppliers via the ERP system.
• Ensures compliance with all purchasing policies and procedures.
• Maintain the data integrity regarding all necessary records of purchases, quotations and prices.
• Verifies purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy, turns requisitions into purchase orders and forwards to suppliers.
• Works with requestors and other areas to resolve purchase order issues, delivery and returns of material to suppliers.
• Provides assistance and training to requestors to ensure adherence to the use of Oracle iProcurement System.
• Interfaces with finance to resolve commercial issues associated with supplier invoicing and payments.
• Manages and monitors supplier delivery performance.
• Ensure orders are placed when required.
• Solicits competitive quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions
• Ability to conduct thorough RFP analysis for effective evaluation of suppliers’ competitiveness.
• Negotiates with current and potential suppliers regarding pricing and delivery.
• Identify and execute opportunities for procurement cost reduction and supplier performance improvement.
• Assists with contract negotiations supporting the Category Specialists and/or Managers
• Secure compliance to terms and conditions of supplier agreements.
• Works with manager to reduce non-value added steps in purchasing process.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience / Knowledge / Skill Requirements
• Minimum 3 years' experience in purchasing.
• Bachelor degree required.
• Must possess solid analytical skills.
• Strong computer literacy and spreadsheet (Excel) skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
• Ability to prioritize and multi task
• Knowledge of Oracle iProcurement.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Division: G&A (Including IT)