Insignia Technology Services Software Engineer, Java Software Developer in Braintree, Massachusetts
Position: Java Software Developer
* *Insignia Technology Services is seeking a *Java Software Developer *to provide full software development life cycle support for a financial system in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The Java Developer will work on-site at the Department of Veterans Affairs Allocation Resource Center (ARC), located at 100 Grandview Road, Suite 114, Braintree Massachusetts.
The Java Developer is responsible for software programming and testing to analyze requirements, developing programming codes, testing the new codes, remediating issues found through user testing and deploying these newly tested codes to a WebLogic production server. Responsible for application development using JAVA, JAVA Script, and SQL. Responsible for requirements elaboration, change request management, software programming, testing, software releases and maintenance and support of a financial system. Will be interacting with clients on site and must be able to prioritize requirements, provide level of effort estimates. Will have reach-back to corporate software engineering branch for testing and release management support.
Full Time Position
- User Testing
- Prioritizing, implementing software change request (Java, SQL)
- Deploying solutions (JaR Files) to Weblogic server.
- Defect resolution
- Migrate web project from Oracle Workbench IDE to Eclipse IDE
- Promote solutions through various environments: DEV, INT, SQA, PrePROD and PROD
- Proficient or familiar with JAVA and JAVA Script, WebLogic, Oracle work bench and Eclipse.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with application development.
- Excellent presentation, customer communication, and organizational skills
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must have or able to attain a security clearance (background check)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Honorably Discharged U.S. Military Veteran
- PMP, PgMP, and/or ITIL Certification or Equivalent
Insignia provides information technology and professional support services and solutionsby adding valuebased upon industry standards, methodologies, processes and an innovative, passionate team to provide quality, effective services and solutions specializing in full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) support of complex, enterprise-class IT systems
Insignia Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Position: Software Engineer, Java Software Developer (Job ID: 1101)
Location: Braintree, MA
Job Id: 1101
# of Openings: 1