State Street Senior Investment Operating Officer in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Investment Operating Office works to advance the process, systems and efficiency of portfolio managers, researchers, and traders while providing additional support with audits, regulatory requirements, finance, and business analytics. Your deep understanding of investment organizations will enable a positive impact on our portfolio management group as you work to improve advance the capabilities of SSGA.
Specific responsibilities will include some or all of the following
- You will work directly with portfolio managers and traders to analyze and improve our investment process,
- You will develop an IT strategy for the investment organization, and simplify our technology footprint,
- Upgrade our investment capabilities and reduce operating risk,
- Improve profitability
- Support execution of the First Line of defense responsibilities
Additional assignments may include:
- Standardizing investment process across investment groups and locations;
- Assisting with audits, compliance, and regulatory work to ensure consistency and focus across the entire investment organization;
- Analyzing internal financial reporting and profitability to allow deeper understanding of cost drivers and profitability ;
- Redesigning processes to utilize technology and personnel more efficiently
- Supporting the internal governance framework and responsibilities of SSGA Portfolio Management and Trading
Education and Experience requirement: A Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, or related field and 7 years of experience in the Investment Management industry
A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology or related and 10 years in Investment Management.
CFA designation is a plus.
Special skills, knowledge or certification/licensure preferred for position:
- You should have strong analytical skills and attention to detail is required.
- Deep understanding of investment process and systems
- Experience collaborating with portfolio management, operations, compliance, risk, trading and other internal groups as needed.
- Proven ability to deconstruct process
- Working knowledge of investment management regulations and requirements
- Experience working with regulators, auditors, risk managers, and / or legal teams
SSGA is an equal opportunity employer. We seek a diverse workforce as part of company strategy.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Senior Investment Operating Officer
Job ID: 158017
Full/Part Time: Full FTE