Cisco Security Account Manager - Public Sector East MA in Boston, Massachusetts
Security Account Manager - Public Sector East MA
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, US
Additional Location(s) New Hampshire or Massachusetts or Rhode Island
Area of Interest Sales - Product
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id 1209852
What You’ll Do
Are you passionate about helping customers solve their Cyber Security challenges? Does the idea of joining the fastest growing business within a leading Global Technology company intrigue you? Then we have something in common. Cisco Security is currently seeking cybersecurity experts for an exciting Security Account Manager role within our Global Security Sales Organization! We seek highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professionals who have a passion for delivering world-class technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are an aggressive, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco’s opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco’s Security Architecture, articulate Cisco’s product and business strategies, and create the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out the details:
• Develop and lead security account activities for an assigned Region within US Public Sector. Leverage all available resources to support your efforts (executive sponsors, marketing, technical, services, etc.).
• Drive double digit revenue growth through new project identification, creation, and attach opportunities.
• Forecast and report activity accurately in line with expectations using SFDC
• Identify major projects within the largest accounts and managing activities to maximize product and services revenue across the account base.
• Provide customers and partners with pricing and configurations to meet their needs as required
• Forge high-level relationships within critical strategic accounts to win incremental product and service business
• Partner closely with technical resources to ensure technical excellence in all positioning, competitive analysis, proposals, and exchanges
• Team with Cisco Channel Partners, leveraging their capabilities where appropriate. Identify new partners, develop all partners with Cisco Resources and grow the partner execution to excel in this market space
Who You’ll Work With
In this role as Security Account Manager, you will be responsible for all sales of Cisco Security technologies and associated services into the New England based Public Sector accounts (States, cities, counties, higher ed and K12). You must be able to forge and grow new relationships within the customer and partner base via both direct and indirect activities, while driving significant revenue growth.
Who You Are
• Direct touch sales combined with experience working in a matrixed organization and working with partners to maximize results
• Experience selling complex software-based solutions such as network security (Intrusion Detection, Firewall, VPN, and related technologies) or Network and Systems management solutions
• Minimum of 4 years of overall Security sales experience
• Proven/Quantifiable track record of over-achievement
• Large, complex deal management experience as well as geographic territory execution of account and partner plans
• Able to create and execute on an account plan which factors in a total systems-based security approach
• Adept at succinctly, and clearly communicating with a largely technical audience
• Experience in applying solution-selling methodologies to maximize corporate revenue growth. Track record of closing both tactical and strategic opportunities
• Good all-round knowledge of Security Market
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Proactive with ability to succeed in an dynamic environment
• Goal orientated and takes ownership
• Self-awareness and ability to build relationship maps supporting an account strategy.
Why Cisco Security
Cisco Security – our approach to security is Simple/Open/Automated. We provide a complete architectural approach and reduce complexity of security environments by enabling platforms to share context and visibility between them. This approach makes our security platform the most effective environment for our customers, and enable them to provide secure business outcomes.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.