General Electric Regional EHS Specialist - North West Region in Boston, Massachusetts
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Regional EHS (Environmental Health Safety) Specialist for the NW Region will be required to travel (at least 70%). This role will support designated sites within the North West region which will include the following states, UT, MT, NV, OR, WA, WY, CA, CO and IA. The Regional EHS Specialist will play an active role in the daily EHS responsibilities as it pertains to fulfilling our employee, customer and service contracts.
In addition to these responsibilities, you will drive site, area and region safety cultures by modeling behaviors associated with the highest level of EHS best practices, leading multi-functional teams, providing safety / environmental training to others, perform inspections of equipment / tooling / facilities for compliance with GE policy and Governmental safety and Environmental regulations.
As the Regional EHS Specialist, you will:
• Perform EHS duties as assigned by the Operational Excellence Leader and EHS Specialist Team Lead
• Support Regional and Pole EHS Leadership in executing process and policies, including participating in EHS specific continuous improvement programs
• Deliver technical and safety related training via instructor led, field and self-paced delivery to educate internal customers
• Manage all administrative and statistical details to monitor and generate reporting information for training
• Own contractor management activities – review EHS metrics, validate training records, develop and standardize on-boarding / orientation processes, perform on-site EHS compliance inspections, document positive and negative performances and support continuous Improvement
• Support site management and provide coaching and review of incident investigations and corrective actions through 5 Why incident investigation methods
• Support and monitor the EHS start-up / transition activities on new or expanding GE locations including: meeting with customer’s EHS team, site hazard assessments, development and initial review of the EHS site specific material, providing structure to the orientation of new employees and the development of an action plan with timeframes to fully implement the site specific EHS requirements in partnership with line management
• Monitor progress on completion of the action plan, and reports to Operational Excellence Leader, Service Director and EHS Regional Manager
• Drive the development, documentation and validation of Best Management Practices / Continuous Improvement Initiatives under the direction of the Operational Excellence Leader, EHS Specialist Team Lead and Regional EHS Leaders
• Oversees the management of work-related injuries at regional GE locations
• Support site management and EHS regional managers with Root Cause Analysis (RCA), with coaching and review of incident investigations and corrective actions
• Monitor and update Gensuite tools / data (i.e. action tracking system, compliance calendar, incident report, initial report, operational metrics and training tracker)
• Liaise with technical teams to support thorough hazard identification/risk analysis for repair of complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems on variable pitch, variable speed turbines
• Support all EHS activities as directed by manager with minimal supervision
• Document all work performed using computer based service reporting procedures
• Leverage EHS inspection process to identify findings and drive targeted Corrective / Preventative Actions
• Support day to day EHS activities at site through partnership with EHS Coordinators
• Lead EHS committees, conference
calls and web-based meetings
• Bachelor's Degree (OR Associate's Degree in EHS or High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience)
• Ability and willingness to travel 70% of the time
• Working knowledge of GE internal programs such as Gensuite, Mi2K, Kronos, and Support Central web sites (GE Employees Only)
• Proficient computers skills in Excel, Word, Web Tools
• Mechanical knowledge, electrical aptitude and ability to read schematics
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with full-time responsibility for compliance with safety and environmental regulations
• Knowledge of power generation equipment as related to mechanical and electrical systems
• Prior work in an industrial services industry
• Excellent leadership and communication skills (oral and written)
• Experience delivering classroom and hands on instruction, proven competency speaking in front of large groups
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to complete post-incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States; California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming; Other
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.