Holiday Retirement Regional Director in Boston, Massachusetts
Date: Jul 13, 2017
Location: Boston, MA, US, 01841
Company: Holiday Retirement
Working for Holiday Retirement
There’s something very satisfying about working for a company that cares for seniors. Where everything you do, in whatever capacity, is contributing to someone else’s happiness.
Our seniors aren’t the only ones benefiting from your employment here – you will, too. If you have a passion for helping others, we’d love to talk to you.
Ensure an adequately trained, compensated, and motivated stable work force to meet the current and future needs of the Region. Ensure that facilities managed by the Company and related business entities are achieving Companies three goals of 100 percent occupancy, operating within budgets, and maintaining resident satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Must be competent and knowledgeable in operations, policies, and procedures.
· Must be committed to interacting with facility management on a regular basis.
· Has implemented operation’s organization processes and procedures to support company strategic direction.
· Have demonstrated initiatives for improvement in safety, quality costs delivery, and employee relations. .
· Must demonstrate high standards of ethics and personal accountability.
· Monitor the status of each facility in assigned Region.
· Ensure that there is an adequately trained, compensated, motivated, and stable work force, to meet the facilities current and future needs.
· Ensure that each facility has a high quality food-service program that is operating within the facility food-services budget.
· Ensure that all facilities are safe, attractive, well maintained, and operating within the facility maintenance budget.
· Keep appropriate Home Office staff informed on status of all facilities in any given region.
· Maintain close liaison with Company and implement its guidelines. Represent Holiday in the region and act as a liaison with outside partners, investors, and financial institutions.
· Participate in Company Operations staff meetings. Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and hold regional staff accountable. Develop and initiate regional meetings for Management Team members as needed.
· Budget - Monitor compliance of each facility’s budget and train Management Teams on budget expectations and methods for meeting those expectations without diminishing services. Participate with management team in budget formulation and train Management Teams to find and optimize resources for food, supplies, and services within the company guidelines.
· Marketing - Train Management Teams to give effective tours and follow-up, have effective phone skills, and conduct effective marketing. Monitor facility Management Teams compliance to company marketing plan and on retention resources and effective use of those resources to maximize retention of residents. Train and monitor on the social/activity program.
· Food Service – Train Management Team members in the monitoring of food service for cost control, quality control, menu compliance, sanitary standards, serving standards, portion control, efficiency and effectiveness, and coordination with Companies Food Service requirements.
· Maintenance – Train Management Team members in facility maintenance with regard to monitoring and purchasing service contracts for maintenance and inspections, correcting emergency malfunctions in a facility, development and training in fire and disaster plan, conducting facility inspections, and monitoring the maintenance budget of each facility.
· Human Resources - Train Management Team members in recruiting, interviewing, selecting, training, performance management, conflict resolution, motivating, and retention of facility employees. Also, the training in and adherence to state and federal labor laws. Ensure Management Teams adhere to corporate human resources policy and procedure. Ensure the creation of a team concept among employees and residents.
· Ensure compliance with federal agencies such as Department of Labor, Health Inspectors, EEO, etc.
· Responsible for ensuring new hire and safety orientations are practiced throughout Region.
· Responsible for ensuring federal compliance with agencies such as OSHA, including but not limited to, safety committees, and OSHA posting and corrective actions.
· Ability to identify issues related to EEO/ADA/FMLA, state and federal wage and hour, and employment-related laws and regulations.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills; ability to make presentations to large groups.
· Ability to provide leadership and perform supervisory duties including hiring, conducting job performance evaluations, and terminating employees.
· Ability to manage a large volume of material and meet company deadlines.
· Proficiency in organizational skills.
· Develop and maintain positive, cooperative, and team-orientated relationships with management, supervisors, subordinates, and residents.
· Responsible for budget planning, expenditures, and variances within region.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Perform all work assigned for the agreed-upon monthly wage accepting no additional payment or non-perishable gifts from residents, vendors, facility management, or others.
· Meet the assigned work requirements of the job. Regular attendance is required.
· Ability to keep all business and operations information confidential.
· Desire and ability to be a team player.
· Effectively communicate in English.
· Normal office working environment.
· Extensive travel required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.)
· Minimum of 7 years experience in operations and financial administration or like position and 5 years experience in management supervision.
· Knowledge of and ability to conform to applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
· Proficiency in computer use and relevant software application.
· Knowledge of risk/loss control and prevention through maintenance.
· Knowledge of aspects of marketing, which includes, but is not limited to, sales skills, advertising, census management, and public relations.
· Proven experience in good communications skills with leadership by example.
For over 40 years, Holiday Retirement has been committed to providing seniors with the very best options for independent and assisted living. Today, we are proud to offer seniors the choice of over 300 communities throughout America. Holiday Retirement communities are unlike any other “retirement” communities. These unique locations offer an exceptional lifestyle full of enriching activities for our residents and deeply fulfilling careers for those who embrace our commitment to seniors.
Holiday Retirement is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, gender identity or expression, or other protected categories according to state and local law.
Req ID: 60643
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manager, Outside Sales, Advertising, QC, PR, Management, Sales, Marketing, Quality