State Street FX GM Business/ Project Analyst, Assistant Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street Global Markets Currency Management is a $200 billion agency currency manager and which has seen rapid growth in the past several years. The Currency Management team seeks a dynamic, motivated, and creative team member to assist with the growing needs of the business specializing in the further development of the currency hedging product.
Reporting to the Head of Product Development, the candidate will work closely with front office, research, product development, marketing, and clients to support our passive currency offerings. We are looking for a well-rounded individual with a strong mix of quantitative, technical, business and finance skillsets who will be able to understand all the aspects of a product implementation. This includes the ability to fully understand the underlying investment objectives of the client and translate them into technical requirements that take into account internal and external operational constraints, proactive risk management and compliance considerations. The individual should also be able to successfully communicate these requirements to the technology resources and manage the implementation to a successful launch.
This role is critical to the business as it provides support to the development and portfolio management teams while also interacting with the client relationship team. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of financial concepts, FX derivatives, modern portfolio theory, and mathematics and also have strong programming knowledge. Excellent analytical and communication skills are critical, as this role requires significant client and cross-functional interaction.
- Work closely with our asset manager and asset owner client base to develop suitable FX hedging strategies.
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders such as the strategy research team, product specialists, portfolio managers, project management and technology to ensure risk controlled and successful launches of new hedging mandates.
- Support existing business and mitigate operational risk through better controls and best practices.
- Ensure long term growth and scalability of the currency overlay group by working closely with Global Markets Technology and external vendors to enhance our core product and operational capabilities.
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc presentations to clients and internal representatives.
- Assist other functions of the team (management, business development), with various research projects as needed.
- Quantitative background (BA/BS in Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Math, Engineering).
- Strong Excel skills, with experience in using advanced formulas and features.
- Strong technology background with systems development experience. Familiarity with VBA, Python and C# or willingness to learn.
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative role (performance analytics, finance, information technology, programming, consulting).
- Strong database experience in Oracle, Access and using SQL queries.
- Well organized, flexible, and able to work independently as well as in a team environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be able to fully comprehend client questions and articulate relevant answers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and quality of output to clients.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: FX GM Business/ Project Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 167812
Full/Part Time: Full FTE