Canon Business Process Services Field Service Representative II in BOSTON, Massachusetts
Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business.Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we—and our clients—deeply value.
We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.
As an employee, you’ll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you’ll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits—you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology spanning information and document management, business process outsourcing and managed workforce services. Combining singular experience and domain knowledge, Canon Business Process Services enables organizations to improve operational performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2016 by IAOP for the tenth year, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at.
· Insures total customer (internal & external) satisfaction through understanding of customer expectations, proactive problem identification/resolution, and maximizing opportunities to build relationships.
· Receive, sort, and deliver all incoming mail & packages according to assigned floors and within established time frames. Wrap, seal, weigh, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail/packages in accordance with postal regulations.
· Prepare special outgoing inter-office pouches sent to client affiliates as scheduled (if applicable).
· Package and process outgoing overnight items, i.e. Federal Express, UPS, etc., to meet client and vendor deadlines. Log and deliver incoming overnight packages within established time frames.
· Log outgoing and incoming items as required and review for accuracy/completeness.
· Organize and distribute supplies to client. Verify and log orders upon delivery. Monitor inventory of copy supplies, stock paper and toner and keep supply area neat (inclusive of convenience copiers).
· Handle items for distribution to a segment of or all of client employees, affiliates, dealers, etc.
· Estimate runtime on the small to medium photocopy jobs. Check all copies produced for quality and accuracy. Produce bound copies of work when requested. Deliver and pick up copy jobs.
· May provide minor maintenance of photocopy machine such as solving paper jams, placing service calls and routine cleanings.
· Operate facsimile machines; send and receive facsimiles. Keep complete and accurate logs of incoming and outgoing facsimiles. Where appropriate, generate activity and confirmation reports, and call the receiver to confirm receipt as necessary.
· Perform other administrative duties from inserting, copying and photocopying to faxing as needed.
· Due to changing technology in office automation, will be required to learn new features and functionalities of copying machines, faxes, scanning, shipping equipment as introduced at the site.
May possibly perform any of the following functions at the direction of the Site Manager:
· Set up and maintain client’s kitchen areas and conference rooms, order food and make coffee.
· Provide reception work such as answering telephones, taking messages and greeting visitors.
· Move boxes, supplies or furniture; replace light bulbs.
· May be requested to perform document scanning.
· Prepare outgoing items for shipping.
· Additional responsibilities that other employees at that site do not perform.
· May prepare reports in order to measure productivity and prepare billing charges.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Physical activity required including bending, reaching, lifting and prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
· May lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
· Mentalqualificationsinclude ability to perform all responsibilities efficiently and effectively
· Good organizational skills
· High school Diploma or equivalent
· 2-5 years’ experience working in a mailroom or professional office environment.
· Capable of performing the basic job functions under general direction.
· Some understanding of the more detailed aspects of the job.
· Basic knowledge of metering, weighting, logging and other shipping procedures.
· Basic computer skills required.
· Able to perform routine and some more complex functions of various equipment and systems (fax, scanner, metering, stamping, tracking systems, photocopying, color copying, etc.) with general direction.
· General supervision and instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
· Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization.
· Contacts involve the exchange of information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
· Excellent customer service, professional attitude and appearance are a must.
· Ability to work overtime & meet deadlines.
· Adherence and support of CBPS Core Values: Focusing on Results & Customers, Be Innovative and Quality Driven and Performing Ethically.
Requisition ID 2017-2225
of Openings 1
Job Locations US-MA-BOSTON
Posted Date 5/17/2017
Category (Portal Searching) Customer Service/Support