State Street Credit Risk Analyst, Assistant Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This role will have responsibility for reviewing and approving credit approval requests as well as individual credit, portfolio and macro monitoring/surveillance. The analyst will make reasonable, well-informed credit decisions regarding existing and new borrowers within delegated credit approval authority, balancing high credit quality objectives with appropriate portfolio growth.
The role supports the Corporate Credit Risk team and provides the opportunity to work across a variety of portfolios including: Leveraged Loans, Corporate and Investment Advisor Investment Grade revolving credit and FX facilities, Corporate Bonds, Leasing, Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Renewable Energy. The role may also offer opportunities to work across the broader Credit department or on related project work.
- Conducts independent risk analyses and recommendations of large scale and complex entities/transactions; including recommendation of appropriate risk ratings
- Reviews financial statements and other supporting documentation to produce analyses of a company’s industry, competitive position and historical financial performance, including a summary of terms and conditions of proposed credit requests and identification of risk issues, strengths and weaknesses
- Compiles and evaluates risk exposure data for risk appetite and management reporting purposes
- Portfolio management of assigned credits and surveillance of related industry coverage
- Identification/ escalation of exceptions to credit policies and guidelines
- Liaises with global offices and business units to complete credit due diligence
- May participate in or lead a variety of departmental risk management and project assignments
- Bachelor’s degree, Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or related field preferred
- 3-5 years financial services sector experience including commercial lending/bank credit training, investment management or CLO background
- Prior analytical experience of corporate counterparties strongly preferred
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment and collaborate on time sensitive credit approval requests
- Superior attention to detail and analytical skills for preparing and/or reviewing credit approval requests, financial statements, cash flow forecast models, modeling sensitivities, and other corporate finance and credit related materials
- Knowledge of pertinent terms and conditions and current market standards for credit agreements, ISDAs, CSAs preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Excel and PowerPoint proficient, Capital IQ and Bloomberg experience preferred
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Credit Risk Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 162251
Full/Part Time: Full FTE