TIAA Associate, Retail Financial Services Risk Management in Boston, Massachusetts
Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success * .
For more information about TIAA, visit our website at https://www.tiaa.org/public/why-tiaa/who-we-are .
Assists with implementing and embedding the risk framework and the proactive identification, measurement, assessment, monitoring and management of existing and emerging risks across business area
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Actively assist in the design and implementation of business unit risk governance activities in accordance with industry-recognized three-lines-of-defense philosophy
• Work with business areas to perform deep dive reviews as required, assessing risks in a particular area, providing guidance, and presenting back on risks and proposed mitigating actions
• Assist in overseeing mitigation programs and projects to ensure they are being implemented effectively; Assist in creating written and metric based reports and dashboards to highlight key risk issues, trends and potential impacts
• Build relationships with the key stakeholders in business and support areas to actively promote a risk-aware culture that is supportive of identifying, measuring, mitigating and monitoring risks
• Ensure the capture of appropriate risk-related data to support the measurement and management of risk within Business Area and Enterprise Risk Management.
Nature of Impact
Assist in educating business leaders on understanding the company’s risk management practices and methodologies. Actively support our business partners in the first line and assist with risk identification and analysis.
Area of Impact
Works directly with business partners throughout Retail Financial Services and in other support areas including Legal, Compliance, Finance, Internal Audit, IT, etc.
Strong ability to think critically, comprehend detailed business, technology and risk concepts and develop and defend an independent position that’s based on a pragmatic and balanced assessment.
General understanding of Risk Management and related concepts.
Business or Industry Expertise:
Knowledge of financial services industry.
Interactions / Interpersonal Skills:
Strong interpersonal skills needed to face off against the business and develop trusting relationships with key business partners and stakeholders. Effective verbal communication, strong problem-solving skills, flexible in adapting to shifting priorities
Bachelor’s degree required in a related discipline
1-3 years' experience in the financial services industry and/or consulting
Experience with Risk Management and related concepts
Experience defining/documenting business processes and functions
Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
Well-developed listening skills with a well-tuned ability to summarize quickly identify key points and provide feedback effectively
A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative, ability to work independently and drive execution of key priorities
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required
Strong project management discipline and demonstrated success overseeing projects to completion.
Demonstrated ability to understand the needs and interests of business partners in order to develop strong relationships
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
1-3 years' demonstrated experience in line of business or client-facing roles
Experience in retirement, life insurance or retail financial services industry
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- ©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
Job: Risk Management
Primary Location: NY-New York
Req ID: 1709307