Irex Contracting Group Area Construction Sales Representative - Painting & Coatings in Boston, Massachusetts
The Irex Contracting Group is a North American network of leading-edge, highly-skilled and specialty-focused contractors delivering exceptional value in innovation, performance, safety and service. We are highly experienced in these specialized and challenging areas:
- Abatement / Remediation
- Certified Energy Assessment
- Emergency Response Service
- Fire Stopping
- Industrial & Commercial Coatings
- Mechanical Insulation
- Noise Control
- Smart Jacket
Irex Contracting Group is currently seeking an Area Construction Sales Representative for its Industrial & Commercial Coatings division. This position requires a highly motivated sales professional, problem solver and detail-oriented professional with the ability to communicate effectively, lead negotiations, and create trusting relationships with both internal and external clients. The Contract Sales Representative is also charged with booking orders and collecting receivables in sufficient volume to achieve assigned sales and margin budgets.
This position could cover Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, New York, Massachusetts, and possibly other east coast states but can be based at any Atlantic Contracting, New States Contracting or Advanced Specialty Contractors office location (Baltimore, Philadelphia, Harrisburg, PA, Sayreville, NJ, Hicksville, NY, Albany, NY, Franklin, MA).
Travel is required. Knowledge of paintings and coatings industry is primary requirement.
Minimum Knowledge Requirements:
- Product and service knowledge: Surface Preparation Techniques – All Industry Standards, Coatings
- Specifications and Applications - All Industry Specifications, Industry Practices for QA/QC Measurement
- SalesForce - customer tracking, call reports, bid activity data base, etc. preferred
- Windows Productivity Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- SSPC, NACE - Attain and then maintain required Industry Accreditations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with local offices on new customer development activities including sales calls, product presentations and promotional trade shows
- Responsibility for proposal and sales presentations to assigned customers and/or projects
- Building relationships through networking and referrals; Developing customer relationships in an effort to be the preferred contractor. These relationships should be cultivated on a regular and ongoing basis
- Seeking out and identifying bid and sales opportunities. Target specific jobs and/or customers.
- Soliciting bid packages including procuring drawings and specifications; Assisting the Estimator in developing bid strategies on a project-by-project basis.
- Identifying new technologies, products, and application methods that will increase our competitive advantage.
- Performing the take-off, formulating the estimate and preparing the proposal for small jobs when those functions can generally be accomplished in one day or less.
- Assuring current and accurate customer tracking data for all customers.
- Participating in special sale assignments
- Entertaining customers in an appropriate manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Attending pre-job and pre-award conferences as may be necessary and/or desirable.
- Responsibility for the collection of receivables.
- Participating in the company Continuous Improvement Process.
- Supporting company safety programs.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.