Cabot Corporation North American Regional Manufacturing Director in Billerica, Massachusetts
The Regional Director, Manufacturing (RDM) has direct oversight and is accountable for the three Reinforcement Materials (RM) plants in the North America region and has indirect oversight for the remaining 7 Cabot plants, operating in other business segments, in the region. As it relates to the RM business, the RDM is responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing strategies which are aligned with global RM manufacturing strategies as well as for the setting and delivery of operational budgets of the RM plants.
The RDM for North America is accountable for the strategy and execution of all manufacturing activities including workforce management, budget and cost management, Safety, Health, and Environmental compliance, and efficient capital deployment across Reinforcement Materials’ three production facilities (Canal, Sarnia, and Ville Platte). Across the broader Cabot North American manufacturing network, the RDM will lead the development and implementation of regional cross-functional plans, engage as the regional liaison to all businesses segments operating within the region, ensure the adoption of best practices, alignment to broader Cabot operating principles, and will facilitate the development and movement of talent across the Cabot portfolio of businesses.
The RDM will have a direct reporting relationship to the VP of Manufacturing for the RM segment, and indirect reporting to the VP of Manufacturing in each of the Performance Chemicals and Purification Solutions segments.
• Identifies, develops and ensures delivery of RM manufacturing strategies for the region; ensures that these strategies are capably implemented at the facility level by local leadership teams.
• Leads the process and measurement system and indicators at each plant of the region to ensure the standardization and transference of the best practices among all the plants.
• Directs regional efforts to achieve highest levels of customer service, including new product manufacturing, on time delivery, and quality requirements.
• Ensures that global capital execution processes are in place in each plant and projects are executed on time and within budget.
• Implements clear budgeting processes for expense and capital budgets. Champions reliability and cost-appropriate investment in maintenance replacement and upgrade capital projects. Leads and coordinates plans and initiatives in the region to manage cost control to be able to efficiently use the investments and to reduce costs. Develops and proposes mid term investment plans to maintain technological competitiveness. Provides sponsorship, guidance, implementation resources and priority to reduce maintenance costs while increasing overall unit uptime.
• Ensures that production plants are producing products within agreed upon specifications and that continuous improvement plans are in place.
• Bachelors/University Degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
• Minimum 15 years experience in a manufacturing environment and 10 years minimum experience in manufacturing management.
• Proven ability to manage & develop budgets. Ability in Capital planning & management
• Experience driving change through continuous improvement management systems (such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.)
• Ability to track, manage, and implement change initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and lead talent through coaching, performance management, organization development, and talent development activities
• Knowledge of Environmental and Safety practices
• Understanding of General Manufacturing Process
• Ability to analyze and manage Business plans
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 2017-5915
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com