Schneider Electric Firmware Technical Leader (OS/BSP) in Andover, Massachusetts
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric is connecting millions of smart devices from buildings, data centers, industrial plants and infrastructure to the Cloud to provide innovative solutions to address sustainability, remote operations and analytics. To do this Schneider Electric is innovating with cutting edge technologies in the Internet of Things (IoT) space. As part of the IoT & Digital Transformation / Device Intelligence Platform team, we are looking for a Firmware Technical Leader.
Within Device intelligence platform, the Firmware Technical Leader is responsible for the coordination and delivery of BSPs (board support packages) for the complete platform offer, hardware and software. This consists on one BSP per required hardware and OS combination and includes bootloaders. The hardware platforms are ARM based (Cortex M3, Cortex A7 and A9) and the Operating Systems are Linux, VxWorks and RTXC. BSPs are often outsourced to 3rd party companies for development and/or maintenance.
What do you get to do in this position?__
- Collect and update requirements related to BSP.
- Define and deploy the quality plan and development process related to BSPs
- Define work packages for 3rd party companies when development or maintenance are outsourced.
- Ensure coordination between internal DIP team members, internal Schneider teams and external 3rd party companies.
- Identify technical risks and put in place actions to mitigate them
- Manage test activities for each BSP release
- Builds metrics about development status and quality status for all deliverables and communicate them to client projects and stakeholders
- Follow up on support and maintenance activities with team members and client projects to ensure requests are handled within the defined SLA
This job might be for you if:
- You have a Master's degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- You have significant experience with ARM based SoCs
- You have significant experience with Linux and/or RTOS based systems
- You have significant experience with low level drivers such as UART, CAN, Ethernet, SPI, Flash
- You have significant experience in high quality firmware development through development and testing processes.
- You have proven abilities in action coordination and organization, which allows you to manage various topics in parallel.
- Your collective mindset is appreciated in interfaces with your environment and your leadership abilities are an asset to bring projects to their end, and provide the right level of support and expertise.
- Experience in re-usable brick design
- You have 5+ years of extensive embedded development on ARM processors.
- You’re familiar with Linux, VxWorks and other real time operating systems _ _
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Andover
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 003NOE